DO NOT FLUSH SINGLE USE WIPES OF ANY KIND:
NEW TEST PRODUCES FAILING GRADE FOR “ FLUSHABILITY” OF SINGLE-USE WIPES
Results showed that not one single wipe was able to fall apart or disperse safely through the sewer system test. This can negatively impact household plumbing, municipal sewage infrastructure, and consequently, the environment. Single-use wipes, including cleaning and diaper wipes, cannot be safely flushed, even those labelled as “flushable”.
SaskAlert is the Government of Saskatchewan’s emergency public alerting program that provides critical information on emergencies in real time, so you can take action to protect yourself, your family and your property. An emergency alert issued though
- let you know what the emergency is;
- let you know where it is happening;
- provide instructions for you to follow to stay safe; and
- advise you when the incident is over.
Alerts can be issued by:
- Environment Canada,
- Government of Saskatchewan ministries,
- Crowns and agencies,
- as well as participating local governing jurisdictions.
How to get an alert:
- SaskAlert Website Visit SaskAlert App
- Broadcasters Radio and TV will also issue all critical alerts issued by federal, provincial and local alerting authorities
- SaskAlert App – Download the SaskAlert app:
- Android devices version 4.2 (KitKat) and higher
- iPhone devices version 8 (iOS8) and higher
Call the Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency for more information: (306) 787-3774