- Grant Period is April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023
- Applications accepted until September 30, 2022
The Town of Blaine Lake is currently seeking applications for the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). This is a permanent, full-time position.
The Town of Blaine Lake is at a junction of Highways #12 and #40 between Shellbrook and North Battleford, as well as 45 minutes from Saskatoon. The town boosts a 9 hole golf course and a campground and a gateway to many lakes and parks. The town was incorporated in 1912 and has a rich history of the Dukhobor lifestyle and incorporates many cultures. And has a population of 500 persons.
The town offers a brand new water treatment plant with full reverse osmosis system, full-service gas station, health clinic, New K-12 School being built, hardware store, laundromat, drug store, churches, grocery store, motel, library and other various business.
As the principal advisor to Council, the CAO is responsible for providing all relevant and necessary information to make informed decisions, along with providing leadership for planning and executing a strategic vision that meets the current and future needs of the Town.
Guided by the Municipalities Act, the work the CAO does is broad and requires a willingness to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Bookkeeping and Accounting – including bank reconciliations, payroll, financial statements, and budget preparation;
- Preparation and processing of various billings and filings – including utility bills, GST returns, taxes, and assessments;
- Managing staff;
- Grant research and writing;
- Bylaw writing, interpretation, and enforcement;
- Attending Council meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes;
- Preparation of various other reports and documents;
- Digital media communications – including website and Facebook.
The ideal candidate will possess: See Full PDF