- Promote business through various forms of media – radio, newspaper, local publications (i.e. Blaine Lake & District business directory brochure)
- Regulates and maintains two sign corridors for local businesses along Highways 12 and 40
- Business Directory
- Promotion of Trade Fairs
- Business expo (in conjunction with annual awards banquet) for local businesses allowing them to showcase their products and services
- Offer Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance
- Offer discounts on business debit and credit card transactions
- Economic Development Committee in 2015- provide networking at chamber meetings
- SEDA joined to provide access to database for grants and assistance from community coaches
- Held their 1st Annual Golf Tournament
- Tourism: promote local attractions and events through Spirit of the Northern Lakes tourism publication, Tourism Saskatchewan, local publications i.e. Blaine Lake Tourism Brochure
- Sponsor youth: by offering Grade 12 post-secondary scholarship for students attending business administration and commerce programs, and financially assisting targeted school programs
“To Foster an environment for Blaine Lake and Area Businesses can prosper”
The Blaine Lake & District Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization of business and professional individuals that work collaboratively with local municipal councils, businesses, residents to promote and support economic growth, employment opportunities and sustain a positive sense of community.
- Create and promote strong economic growth.
- Create and promote positive sense of community among citizens.
Executive for 2015:
- President – Patty Ciona
- Vice President – Debbie Rodwin
- Secretary – Sheryle Powley
- Treasurer – Crystal Thorhaug
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month.
New members are always welcome.
For more information, please contact a director
or email email@example.com or call 306-497-2617